Total Pageviews

Monday, January 18, 2010

Crowns


I'm fascinated with crowns.  I see them everywhere.  I can't pass them by without visualizing them in my home.  Maybe it's the French influence in home decor of late.  Maybe it's my secret longing to be Queen for a day (or two!)

I purchased this German doll head at an antique shop without knowing what she would later become.

She seemed regal, perhaps a Queen in the making. 

She's now complete!

When I saw this gigantic rustic crown I KNEW it needed a home. . . .MINE!  I also purchased extra to share.

According to my 6 year old son, this large crown also makes a great tent for his stuffed kitty!

Well, what can I say about crown plates?

Yummy!

Each plate has a different crown design!

A perfect place setting for girlfriends on Valentine's Day. 

They come in a set of 4 with a fancy knife/spreader.


Yes, more crowns!  These are perfect near our fireplace in the pink corner cabinet.


Here are close up photos so you can see their detail.  You can find them here.


I recently listed these creamy porcelain crowns on my website.



I use mine for candle holders, but they would be so cute cupping treats, jewelry, coins, keys, stamps or even paper clips!

Crown images are wonderful on pillows.  I have one left.

These pillows were a custom order for a dear friend.


I've slowed down sewing pillows, but these are a few I have left.

This is one of my favorites.  What could be better than a singing bird donning a crown?

Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Anna said...

I love that crown candle holder. So cute!

xo

Cindy said...

What beautiful crowns..Just love them

Beach Vintage said...

That little birdy is so cute.

Elyse said...

hi cindy,

lovely post. of course i am swooning over the pink chippy chairs with the burlap pads. awesome!

xo
elyse

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Hi Cindy, yu are right, crowns are everywhere and I saw lots of them at the L.A. Mart last week. love the scriptures. Great pics.
Hugs

GWENDOLYN said...

So many beautiful things! I love them all, I really do!
Blessings!
Gwen

GWENDOLYN said...

So many beautiful things! I love them all, I really do!
Blessings!
Gwen

Secondhandrose said...

I like how the german doll head gets a crown too. I have a lady bust still waiting for a crown or tiara ....she can't decide! Come for a visit. I am having a giveaway.

karen

mariondee-designs said...

Hi Cindy, just came across your blog and want to say I love your pillows and I too would like to put a bit of 'french flair' into my shabby pink decor. Still a bit unsure how to do it so its still a work in progress. Love your blog, take care, Maryann

Anonymous said...

What a beautifil site !!!!
There is much here to inspire. Thanks for your time.

Bree said...

I love those plates! Do you have anymore? Is it possible to still get them?