Total Pageviews

Monday, January 18, 2010

Crowns


I'm fascinated with crowns.  I see them everywhere.  I can't pass them by without visualizing them in my home.  Maybe it's the French influence in home decor of late.  Maybe it's my secret longing to be Queen for a day (or two!)

I purchased this German doll head at an antique shop without knowing what she would later become.

She seemed regal, perhaps a Queen in the making. 

She's now complete!

When I saw this gigantic rustic crown I KNEW it needed a home. . . .MINE!  I also purchased extra to share.

According to my 6 year old son, this large crown also makes a great tent for his stuffed kitty!

Well, what can I say about crown plates?

Yummy!

Each plate has a different crown design!

A perfect place setting for girlfriends on Valentine's Day. 

They come in a set of 4 with a fancy knife/spreader.


Yes, more crowns!  These are perfect near our fireplace in the pink corner cabinet.


Here are close up photos so you can see their detail.  You can find them here.


I recently listed these creamy porcelain crowns on my website.



I use mine for candle holders, but they would be so cute cupping treats, jewelry, coins, keys, stamps or even paper clips!

Crown images are wonderful on pillows.  I have one left.

These pillows were a custom order for a dear friend.


I've slowed down sewing pillows, but these are a few I have left.

This is one of my favorites.  What could be better than a singing bird donning a crown?

Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Anna said...

I love that crown candle holder. So cute!

xo

Cindy@shabbynsweet said...

What beautiful crowns..Just love them

beachvintage.com said...

That little birdy is so cute.

Elyse said...

hi cindy,

lovely post. of course i am swooning over the pink chippy chairs with the burlap pads. awesome!

xo
elyse

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Hi Cindy, yu are right, crowns are everywhere and I saw lots of them at the L.A. Mart last week. love the scriptures. Great pics.
Hugs

GwendolynKay said...

So many beautiful things! I love them all, I really do!
Blessings!
Gwen

GwendolynKay said...

So many beautiful things! I love them all, I really do!
Blessings!
Gwen

Secondhandrose said...

I like how the german doll head gets a crown too. I have a lady bust still waiting for a crown or tiara ....she can't decide! Come for a visit. I am having a giveaway.

karen

mariondee-designs said...

Hi Cindy, just came across your blog and want to say I love your pillows and I too would like to put a bit of 'french flair' into my shabby pink decor. Still a bit unsure how to do it so its still a work in progress. Love your blog, take care, Maryann

Anonymous said...

What a beautifil site !!!!
There is much here to inspire. Thanks for your time.

Bree said...

I love those plates! Do you have anymore? Is it possible to still get them?